Peringatan keras: setiap karya yang dimuat di Writing Session dilindungi UU hak cipta & penjiplakan pada karya tersebut memiliki sanksi!

Senin, 16 Agustus 2010

A Frenzy Internet User

Marcelita Rinda
http://sundaymorningwakeupearly.blogspot.com/

One day my mother came up to me bring me a magazine that ran an article “Keep Your Eyes on Your Children When Playing With Facebook” and she said, “carefull with the internet girl”. After reading the article, I continue to blame a very stupid teenagers in using the internet. Facebook, or other media is a facility provided by the internet to simplify our lives, not to cause us any trouble. And then i’m grateful for all the knowledge i have so i wouldnt be like them. And i think my mother didnt have to worry about my every day lives with the internet. I’m in a save zone.

This is the second year i wrote on my personal blog. I wrote about everything happened in my life, about everything i wish to happen in my life. Everything. Like by just reading my blog you certainly know who I am. So one day, i wrote about my boyfriend’s friend who used to have “a story” with him. I didnt mention her name or initials or whatever. I just wrote about her in one or two sentences. Thats it. Without any bad intentions, i just wanted to write what i feel about. Some time later, via Twitter, i read my boyfriend’s friend status updated who commented my blog. The point is, she didnt agree with what i wrote about her. Since i wasnt writing her name, which means it could be anyone, i dont accept her protest. And without thinking, i answered all her protest with temper. First, it was only a blog and comment from it readers, but it end up becoming a huge problem. She told him about what i wrote, and i told him about what she said about me. It was a huge cat fight. Seriously. My boyfriend mad at me, not because he takes her side, but because i responsed her. He said, if i was right by not mention her name or her initials, why i have to get mad too. And he said, i have to carefull with what i write or what i say, especially in internet world, because other people can read but from different prespective.

And he was right. I was a fool by doing such thing. Talking about other people and posting to the internet was a huge mistake. As we know, internet is a home without a door. Anyone can get into our home. Friends, lover, parents, teacher, enemies, even strangers. Internet is like the most powerfull signal in this world, once you push the send or post or tweet button, poof! It will appears every where. You dont know have to know me to know who I am, you just have to follow my twitter or read my personal blog or add me as your friend. Everything is very very easy but it is really dangerous. Once you make a mistake, every will know. Once you spread the word, right or wrong, the world will believe it. Scary right?

So this is me, which at first i think i was in a save zone because i didnt do what that teenagers done, but apparently i was wrong. I’m not that save. I found my self doing the same stupid things but with different names. I was also a frenzy internet user. Who feel smarter than other people because i think internet is my friend. But now, internet makes me lose a friend.

So now feel free to check your timeline, facebook status, or your blog. What are you? A frenzy internet user? Or are you already in a save zone?

Your choice.

1 komentar:

  1. I agree with you.
    How this whole internet world could make so much problems between people.
    like, first you are friends, but the next thing after you write something, you turn into enemies.

    BalasHapus

SANGAT DIANJURKAN untuk saling mengapresiasi atau mengkritik tulisan satu sama lain. Kita sama-sama belajar ya!